Five reasons we should be excited for Guardians of the Galaxy.
So I’ve decided to weigh in on Guardians of the Galaxy, the upcoming movie from Marvel. As many comic books that I’ve read, Guardians was not one that I really ever picked up. I was skeptical from the get go when I first heard the comic was being adapted into a film. Nevertheless, here are five reason why we should all be excited to see GOTG this summer.
1. The Cast: Although Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel are only lending their voices, Guardians has an unbelievably impressive ensemble that includes Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation), Zoe Saldana (Avatar, Star Trek), Karen Gillan (Doctor Who), Lee Pace (The Hobbit), Benicio Del Toro (Sin City), Djimon Hounsou (Gladiator), Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead), John C. Reilly (Step Brothers) and Glen Close (Mars Attacks). Nuff said.
2. The Action: Rocket Raccoon firing his automatic weapon while on the shoulders of Groot was enough for me, but I suspect there will be plenty more.
3. It look hilarious: Chris Pratt is funny as hell and the movie promises to have its fair share of adult humor mixed in.
4. It’s a Comic Book Movie: The last fifteen years or so have been incredible for comic book nerds, as Hollywood finally caught on and has been on a production tear with superhero movies. Some have missed and other have excelled, but one thing that all these movies bring to us is loads of fun!
5. The Trailer: This trailer absolutely kicks ass and has generated so much buzz, the hype alone from the two-minute and thirty seconds is winning over geeks and average movie goers alike. Just watch below.